Sunday, December 14, 2008

It that time again!

Its that time again where you see that beautiful snow falling down as you are going to bed, then in the morning you get to scrap your car off because the snow has now turned to ice.

It is that time again where you have to be careful where you step outside because it may be your last step without any bruises from slipping on ice.

It is that time again where you have to get all bundled up to go outside so you don't get icicles hanging from your nose or ears.

Now it may sound like I don't like Christmas, and I will have to admit it isn't my favorite holiday. But I really do like Christmas time.

It is that time of year where i get to hold on to grandmas arm as we are walking outside to make sure she doesn't fall.

It is that time of year when all the family gathers round to listen to the Christmas story.

It is that time of year when we get to do all of our family traditions.

It is that time of year when mom makes all of those wonderful snacks.

This past week that I was in Logan before Christmas break we had a lot of testimonies in church. One of the boys got up and said if you take out the last syllable in Christmas you are left with Christ. I thought that was the coolest thing, and Christ is who we really should be thinking about this wonderful season. I began this season thinking more about Christ and his birth and everything he has done for me and I am already having a better out look. I am so thankful for Christ and everything that he has done for me and I am thankful that we have these kinds of seasons that we can really focus on him. Today in church one of the speakers said that the reason righteous Mothers love their children so much is because they have sacrificed so much for them. We love those who we sacrifice for; and we sacrifice for those we love. I was thinking about that and I know how much my Mom loves me and how much she has sacrificed for me and how could someone love something or someone more then this? Then I thought about how much the Savior has sacrificed for all of us and how much he must love us all! There isn't anything or anyone that I can think of that has sacrificed more then him. I just wanted to let everyone know that the Savior really did sacrifice a lot for us and he loves us so much, now we need to think about him and sacrifice for him and learn to love him with all of our hearts.

3 comments:

Val said...

How sweet kaytie. Thank you for taht insight, I needed it :)
AND you made me cry, you punk.

Anonymous said...

Kayt..
I have no words. That was absolutely beautiful. I love you so much. I'm glad He loved me enough to send me an angel for a roommate! I miss you already. Merry CHRISTmas!

The Allen's said...

Can't be prouder to have such a wonderful daughter and family. Love you!

layout